Once you’ve finished writing academic documents such as assignments, thesis and dissertations it is necessary to check for errors before submitting it to your university, if you want to achieve the highest grades. There are various tools available for checking grammar and although they are decent tools for some grammar errors, they are not to be relied on as it is probable that they will miss some mistakes which can only be detected by humans.
To locate and correct these errors you can purchase academic proofreading services offered by professional proofreaders to ensure you submit flawless documents and papers to your college or university.
Reasons to Avoid Grammar Checkers
- Grammar is the art of constructing meaningful sentences. There are many aspects to be considered in forming grammatically correct sentences. Sentence structure, vocabulary, syntax etc. all have to be considered. Grammar checkers are merely computer programs which compare sentences with grammatical combinations programmed into it.
- It is not possible to program every correct combination of words into grammar checkers, thus they cannot assess written English as they are incapable of reading the English language.
- A computer program can only highlight certain errors. It may even detect some which are not actually errors. To avoid this you must be wary when using a grammar checker for checking your documents.
- Grammar software will help you to find spelling mistakes, typos etc. but when it comes to checking the flow of sentences it cannot give you reliable results. Thus, human editors are better than machine software, as only a human editor will have the ability to locate genuine errors and make your document completely accurate.
- They cannot differentiate between confusing words. It might not find an error if the same kind of word is being used in place of the correct word. For instance, it might not differentiate between its and it’s. Though both words have different meanings, grammar checking software cannot recognise this difference and it will not consider it to be an error.
These are the reasons to avoid grammar checking software and to check your document prior to your submission to your university. Use proofreading services offered by professionals to make your academic documents flawless.